Displaying present location in the site.
“Personal Information” means any information provided by you, which can be used to identify you, such information include but are not limited to your name, address or e-mail address.
NEC APAC collects, discloses and uses your Personal Information to ensure the smooth provision of NEC APAC’s services and products to you.
NEC APAC may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:-
- to provide NEC APAC’s services and products to you, such as the delivery of the products to you and for the registration of your product warranty;
- to communicate with you for marketing purposes;
- to contact you for customer satisfaction surveys and research purposes;
- for NEC APAC’s internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve NEC APAC’s products, services, and customer communications; and/or
- for safety, security and legal compliance.
NEC APAC may share and disclose your Personal Information to the following third parties:-
- (i) NEC APAC’s professional advisers, including without limitation NEC APAC’s lawyers, accountants and auditors; (ii) NEC APAC’s third party service providers who provide payment, administrative or other services in connection to the operation of this Site and/or NEC APAC’s business; and/or (iii) NEC APAC’s business alliance partners in order to fulfil the purposes listed in paragraph 2 of this Section “DISCLOSURE AND USE OF INFORMATION”;
- reputable companies, who are our partners and may need to collect and maintain certain subscriber information to help NEC APAC improve NEC APAC’s services and products. In such an event, NEC APAC will obtain your consent before sharing your Personal Information with any of them; and/or
- any acquirer whom NEC APAC may sell all or part of its business to, in which event NEC APAC may disclose your Personal Information to enable the acquirer to continue to provide the services and products to you.
NEC APAC will not reveal your Personal Information to any third party unless such disclosure is:-
- to establish, exercise or defend NEC APAC’s legal rights;
- to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual or corporate entities;
- to investigate suspected unlawful activities such as fraud, intellectual property infringement or breach of privacy;
- required under law or by any government enforcement agency;
- permissible under applicable laws or regulations;
- with your written consent;
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NEC APAC may transmit your Personal Information to NEC APAC’s data storage facilities with NEC APAC’s parent company in Japan and/or NEC APAC’s appointed agent in Singapore or in other countries in connection with NEC APAC’s provision of services and products to you. Prior to such transmission, NEC APAC will ensure reasonable security measures are in place which will ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information as contained in NEC APAC’s data storage facilities in Singapore and Japan or such other countries in which they are stored.
NEC APAC will collect your Personal Information when you sign up for product information, participate in direct marketing etc.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein. Please note that a withdrawal of your consent may affect NEC APAC’s provision of products and services to you. In such an event, NEC APAC will inform you first of the consequences of such withdrawal.
NEC APAC will, upon your written request to our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein, allow you to view or amend your Personal Information.
NEC APAC reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for any viewing of your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
NEC APAC reserves the right to deny you access to your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
NEC APAC will not hold your Personal Information for any period longer than NEC APAC believes is reasonably necessary for the purposes it was collected for or for such longer period as required for business or legal purposes or as required by applicable law.
When destroying your Personal Information, NEC APAC will take commercially reasonable measures to make your Personal Information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable law.
NEC APAC seeks your kind co-operation to ensure that your Personal Information are kept accurate and correct at all times. Should there be any change in your Personal Information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein.
NEC APAC may also periodically request for you to update your Personal Information.
NEC APAC takes protection of your Personal Information very seriously and assure you that your Personal Information will be treated with high standards of security to ensure that your Personal Information is safeguarded against any loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, there are always risks involved with providing Personal Information as no technology is completely risk-free or can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In this regard, NEC APAC will take the appropriate reasonable security measures to prevent and minimise such risks but NEC APAC will not be held responsible in the event that any third party gains unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NEC APAC cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use this Site. If a minor (according to applicable law) has provided NEC APAC with his/her Personal Information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may contact our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein for the deletion of the minor’s Personal Information.
(last reviewed on 30 June 2014)